Green BEAN is a dynamic food company that takes a multifaceted approach to building local food systems. BEAN is an acronym that represents our core initiatives; Biodynamic, Education, Agriculture, and Nutrition. Our goal is to make healthy and sustainably grown local food affordable, accessible, and convenient to the Midwest communities we serve. We serve our mission by building food systems and businesses that address our communities’ greatest food challenges. We work with a network of local farmers and artisans that have both urban and rural roots.
Here is the family of Green BEAN companies:
• Green BEAN Delivery – An online service that provides fresh produce and groceries to Midwest communities through its network of local farmers and artisans. We provide a year round service that gives our members a healthy alternative to conventional grocery stores. We currently serve the communities of Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Indianapolis.
• Tiny Footprint Distribution – Providing distribution of locally made food products to retail stores. Tiny Footprint is a low carbon footprint company that provides a platform for growth to local farmers and food artisans. We tackle the issue of local food distribution and work hard to get healthy local products onto grocery store shelves.
• Cool School Lunch – Our latest project takes a creative approach to dealing with the issue of childhood obesity and unhealthy lunch programs. Cool School Lunch was formed in 2010 and has just hired on staff nutritionist Elizabeth Blessing. During the 2010-11 School year, we will provide educational institutions an online ordering platform for wholesale fruit and vegetable purchases.
• Farm to Kitchen Foods – Farm to Kitchen Foods develops “food that makes you feel good!” Executive Chef Brandon Hamilton creates healthy food with a focus on local and organic ingredients. Farm to Kitchen Foods was started because Green B.E.A.N Delivery couldn’t find certain local products we thought should be available to our community. Two years later Farm to Kitchen Foods has several retail outlets and a full product line.
• The Feel Good Farm – Don’t forget that food comes from a farm! Our certified organic farming operation in Sheridan, Indiana grows a variety of crops that are utilized in our Green BEAN Delivery Bins. Our customers enjoy a variety of delicious products from this farm including broccoli, squash, and pie pumpkins.
• EcOhio Farm – Our EcOhio Farm was founded in 2012 in partnership with the Cincinnati Zoo. Pronounced (eek-o-hi-o), this 50-acre farm is located in Mason, Ohio. Produce grown on this farm is available to Green BEAN Delivery customers, and is also used by the zoo for their cafe and to feed the animals!
We are passionate about LOCAL and SUSTAINABLE FOOD!